Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Birthdays, birthdays and more birthdays. . .


Megan Zachary Emily Julia


My brother, Scott

On the 2nd Sunday my family gets together to have dinner, have FHE (we rotate the different families taking turns) and then celebrate all of the current months birthdays. Due to my brother and brother-in-law being out of town in November we did all of October's and November's birthdays. That is the Sunday that we take our gifts for everyone over so that we don't forget anyone throughout the month.

In September I had just completed the carnival so I didn't take the time to get the presents together so we had September, October and November birthday's to give out. It was crazy! I was worried about missing someone and unfortunately, I missed one, but we recouped and made it right really quick.

Zachary is turning 6 in about a week. I can't believe it! He was very excited to get his presents from grandma.

Then came the big bonfire for dad and mom. Their birthday's are only 3 days apart so we agreed to let them blow out the candles together. You can see for yourself what kind of fire we had, but they did it together and they got them all.

To help keep my mom's sanity both of our families have gone to doing everyone's birthdays on a specific Sunday. We love being together, but sometimes it can become alot of time and hard to make it to everything. My family is on the 2nd Sunday and Rick's family is on the 3rd Sunday. It works out really nice!!!

If you have a fun way your family celebrates birthday's please share. I would love to hear your ideas.

No comments: