Thursday, October 16, 2008

Exercise Boot Camp


My sister and sister-in-law have been doing an Exercise Boot Camp for the last little while. With a transition right now their trainer has been able to come over to my sister-in-laws and do exercise workouts for an hour. My sister called me on Monday and begged me to come and work out. I keep really busy and keep on the move, but not in the exercise department.

I had things going on during the week, but Rick and I decided to go today. The kids got to play with their cousins and watch a movie while we worked out. Holy cow!!! I was exhausted by the end and had muscles that were sore that I didn't even realize were being worked.
The worst part was realizing how exhausted I was the rest of the day. Good thing I didn't have alot going on today. Rick was the same way. I guess it was good to have a day to relax.

A part of me doesn't want to go tomorrow, but I am also excited to start getting in shape. Rick commented that he looked forward to the day that the workout didn't wear us out. I am sure we will get there. Then it will be worth it :).

I will write tomorrow on how it goes.
Mom Sanity Tip:
I have been content with where we are at in life as far as exercising and eating right. We can still do activities with our children and enjoy life. Today I went because of my sisters persistence. It actually felt good inside knowing that I had made an effort. I know that Rick felt the same. Our children were excited to see us working at it and they wanted to participate today.
If you have been wondering what to do or when to start exercising or making that change in your life start today. Take just a few minutes. Do something. Include your children. Their support makes it worth it. We will see where it goes from here, but it does feel rewarding to have made a start.

No comments: