Friday, October 10, 2008

Crazy, but fun night!

Today was a fun day and tonight ended up being a crazy, but fun night.

I spent the afternoon over at the school helping clean up from the successful book fair we had at our school.

I went over to my mom's and Rick was out working with my dad and brothers pouring cement. Tonight was an enrichment in my parent's ward for the girls and for their spouses. My sister-in-law asked if I would babysit her 3 children tonight. Then my sister called and asked if I could babysit her 3 children so they could go. I had only 3 of mine, because Michael had the opportunity to go the the Space Center for an overnighter. He was SOOO excited! It is the first time I have had him to an overnighter besides his grandma's and my brothers. I have to admit that it isn't easy to watch my oldest grow up.

Anyways, my other sister has one very cute boy and she wanted to go out with her husband. I had figured that Rick would be around to help so I told her I would be happy to watch her boy too. From 6 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. I ended up with 10 children under the age of 7. They are such cute kids, but Rick ended up working on the cement so I was on my own. We played patty cake, ate lots of food, cookies, chocolate milk, colored, watched TV, created huts with the cushions off the couches and had lots of fun.

I have to admit that I was a little worried, but I had a good time. I have to say that kid's say the darnest (cutest) things.

Mom Sanity Tip:
Along with going through being unemployed right now I have several people ask how we are doing it. I strive to smile a lot and laugh. We laugh a lot in our family and boys that recognize their blessings. The way that I am able to do that is by recognizing the blessings we do have. We are extremely blessed. There are definately daily challenges and times that the weight of the world weighs on us, but I try to recognize some kind of blessing in everything that happens in our lives. I know that we are not alone in the challenges we face and that there is always an anwser.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was looking forward to hearing some of the funny things kids say. And Thank you for babysitting.