Sunday, October 5, 2008

I love General Conference!!!

What a GREAT weekend! I love to hear from the Prophet and others. It is so inspirational to me and gives me motivation and hope. To help my children pay attention to conference I print off bingo cards that have different words that they listen for. We have M&M's (we've used fruit snacks, skittles - whatever the kids like) and they mark the picture / word as they hear it. They keep track of how many bingos they get through all of the conferences and then they get a token at Chuck E Cheese for each bingo. It's nice because it becomes another family activity and they think about conference tied to Chuck E Cheese and fun. We have done this for several years and it has worked really well. They look forward to it every 6 months.

After Conference we had a family council meeting. My dad wanted to talk about the economy and how to survive the challenges that are going on in our economy. Everyone was able to be there except for Ranee and Jerry, Saundra (she was sick) and Tawnya (she's on a mission in Hungary). It was a great family council. You never know how it is going to go when you have 15 people there and a whole bunch of children that are supposed to be entertaining themselves. My dad was in charge of the Family Council meeting and it went really well. There was amazing council that I feel I really needed. The children all entertained themselves and the spirit was right. It was neat to have almost everyone together.

This is the group that got together tonight. This is last years Halloween Group picture, but it shows what a wonderful, close family we have. We do so much together and love each other.

This is my sister, Tawnya, who is on a mission in Hungary. Last year she did this booth for Festival of Trees. She is always willing to serve and is energetic about sharing the gospel and what she has been blessed with.

Here are the top 3 things that my dad counseled us on and I would recommend these 3 items as my mom sanity tip of the day:

1. Invite Christ to be a partner in our lives and invite Him to heal our hearts
2. Invite Peace into our lives and homes (Satan cannot counterfeit Peace)
3. Pray Often (includes listening and acting on the promptings)


There were alot of details and discussion, but I have to say that these 3 things sum it up really well and believe that these tips are going to continue to make my life better.

No comments: