Saturday, October 11, 2008

My great date with my husband!


So, it has been a couple of months since we have gone out on a date or really had anytime away from the children. The other night I came home from the school and my husband asked what we had going on Saturday night. I told him I wasn't aware of anything. He told me that was good because he had made arrangements for a babysitter and asked if we could go out on a date. I am so grateful for a great husband!
We decided that we would go out in the afternoon so that we could be home to watch the BYU football game tonight. I love watching the games with the kids and my husband.
I have always loved movies with Richard Gere so the new movie out interested me. I usually watch 2 - 4 movies a year and maybe make it to a movie theater once a year (because we have free tickets that have to be used :). I think this was actually my 4th - 5th movie this year - maybe I am starting to relax a little more in my life. Well, we decided to go see "Nights in Rodanthe". I was really enjoying the movie until close to the end. I REALLY hate sad endings. So the verdict on this movie is that I am not sure if I would watch it again due to the sad ending (but that is the only reason :). I know I am a wimp when it comes to sad movies, but I figure there is plenty of sad things around us so I like to watch things that make my happy, laugh or teach me something.

We then went to Red Robin for dinner. It was fun to just spend time together. The funniest part is that we always say we need to get time to talk with each other, but when we go out we just enjoy the peace and quiet. Today was a movie and then at Red Robin we watched the BYU football game and talked sports. Not much applicable to life, but nice and relaxing.
I am VERY grateful for a GREAT husband who takes care of me and our children!

For my mom-sanity tip I would just say to take time with your spouse or with those that are very important to you. Those times are so important. The most important part is to enjoy the time you have together. You never know what life will bring.

No comments: