Friday, October 3, 2008

Spending time with the family. . .

I started out the morning reading with Michael for Milk and Cookies with Mom's. That was alot of fun. I really enjoy spending time with my children in their classroom. I ran some errands, spent some quiet time at home by myself and then went over to the school to collect box tops. It has been a fun class competition where everyone ends up winning! It's great to have an opportunity to earn free money for the school.

In the midst of running my errands I had the opportunity to visit with a couple of friends about being unemployed and the joys of trying to figure out a direction in our lives. I like to have a plan, have it layed out on paper and know what I am doing each day with a schedule. Right now that is not what life has in store for us. I am having to learn to be flexible and fly by the seat of my pants :). Being unemployed is more than just going without money and a job. I had no idea the emotions and uncertainty that it would bring into our lives. Wondering what lies ahead and what is the right thing to be doing. Wondering if I should be looking for a job and questionning what the Lord has in store for us. I feel calm, but just have no idea what lies ahead. Somedays are good and some are not so good.

I feel blessed to be out of the rat race of the previous company we were both with. It CONSUMED our every minute of our lives. We both felt that it was like when we owned our own business, but it wasn't our own business. It's nice to have time to relax and spend time together as a family and enjoy some down time. I know that it was time to get out of that. I truly feel that the stress that was put on Rick was really wearing on him. I know this is where we need to be, but it is hard.

Anyways, after visiting with 2 friends that gave me some good insight I felt refreshed and ready to keep moving forward through this interesting path of our lives. I am trying to learn my lessons quickly so that we can move onto the next steps of life.

Tonight was a nice, relaxing night at my parents. We got to watch the BYU Football game and have dinner together. Alot of the family was together and it is always fun to have everyone around and spend time together.

BYU won, but not with a GREAT win! GO COUGARS!!!

I am very excited for General Conference this weekend. I feel like there is so much in store for me and my family and I love getting a fresh perspective on life.

For the tidbit of Mom's Sanity. . .
Hang in there! I have definately learned that there is gold at the end of every rainbow. It isn't always the gold that we are looking for and think it should be, but it is gold and we need to be grateful for it. I treasure the minutes I have to be with nieces and nephews and my family. I love that my children get to be so close to their grandparents and nieces and nephews and aunts and uncles. These are days that I can't ever take back.

No comments: