Saturday, October 4, 2008

Funny and special start to Saturday

I am sure I will probably blog a little later, but I had to enter our funny and special start to Saturday morning.

I was in my room relaxing and hadn't gotten a start to the day yet when my 3 year old, Tanner came and said he wanted to be a mommy. I was surprised by this, but then I asked him why he wanted to be a mommy and he said, "Because I want to be like you mommy." Then my husband said to Tanner, "You just made mommy's day!" He was right. It's nice to have a little positive reinforcement that you might be doing a good job.

Within 10 seconds of feeling that was so special our car alarm goes off. It was early and it took a few minutes for the alarm to turn off and I was feeling mad at my children and wondering who was setting my car alarm off so early in the morning. Then Zachary comes upstairs and says that he wasn't dressed so he put on Michael's coat to go outside and get Brayden's wallet out of the glove compartment and the alarm went off when he put the key in the door. He looked so funny! Being mad at my child quickly turned to laughter. I figure it didn't hurt anyone.

Children can really make a funny and special start to your day!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Cute! I love the picture of Tanner.