Monday, January 5, 2009

Beginning of a New Year. . .



Alright, I am not one that sets goals or one that sets New Years Resolutions, but this year I decided to make a list of things that would make my life better. Not necessarily goals, but things that can make our home, family and my life better. I feel like I have set goals in the past, not accomplished them and then thrown in the towel. I have found that I am looking at life in a more positive light. Waking up each morning knowing that I am working at each day to be a little better. I don't have to perfect things instantly, but that each day our lives will get better.

Today the kids were heading back to school after a nice 2 week break and I didn't want them to go back. I am finding that I am really enjoying my time with my children. I was working at being positive when Rick let me know that the computer wasn't working. The computer is now down for a few days, but hopefully will be fixed. We rely too much on our computer. Then there were a couple of other problems that came up within the first few hours of the day.

At first I started to feel down and discouraged and had the thought that I was worried today would be a bad day. Then I decided to take each problem one at a time and recognize my blessings and it turned out to be a great day! Nothing miraculous happened, but it was a blessing to have time with my children and everyone was safe and happy. I got to enjoy the day at home and the problems worked out by addressing them one at a time.

There are a few things in our lives that we urgently need to come together and work out quickly, but I have decided it is in the Lord's time and have to put full faith in the Lord and make every effort on our part to make it happen. I have been surprised at the things I have learned over the last 5 months. There have been many blessings that have come and experiences that we would have never enjoyed as a family and strengthening our testimonies.

Life is good and there are blessings in everything that we go through.

No comments: