Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Life has interesting turns

Last week was a VERY crazy week and I was looking forward to a quiet Sunday with nothing much going on. I sat down to write some blogs on Sunday when I missed a phone call from my mom. I called right back, but I couldn't reach her. I decided to call the house and see what she wanted. My brother-in-law, Sam, answered the phone and said that dad had a heart attack. I laughed at him and said, "Your kidding." Then he was serious and said that he really did. I coldn't believe it. It had happened a few hours earlier and he was out of surgery and doing well. In fact, he just wanted to come home.

We had a Priesthood Preview for Michael at 6:00 p.m. so we went to the church and then went over to see him. It seemed so weird to be going to the Priesthood Preview for my son who would be 12 next year. That is AMAZING! I don't think I should be that old :). I don't want my children to grow up. They are definately at very fun stages right now.

We went over to see my dad and the boys were having a hard time that they couldn't go see their grandpa so he called them from the hospital. The boys were able to go over and see him on Monday and he came home on Tuesday.

I think I take for granted that my dad and mom will just be around. Sometimes I wish I could freeze time. We have a close family and love working together. The children are at fun stages and are enjoying their cousins. As a family it is great to have the opportunity to give to the community through the generosity of my parents, brother and sister and their spouses. We have been greatly blessed with wonderful family around us.

No comments: